July is a jam-packed month for new anime releases, and arguably one of the most anticipated is Haro Aso’s horror-comedy manga adaptation Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, which hit on screens worldwide this weekend.
The show follows the story of Akira, a 20-something office worker who is about to get fired from his job. His once humdrum life is turned upside down when Tokyo is hit by a zombie apocalypse.
Embracing the unexpected turn of events, Akira decides to tick off the items on a bucket list of everything he wants to experience for himself before the undead get to him.
The release of the anime version continues a highly anticipated live-action adaptation of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead that is set to hit Netflix in August.
Read more: Best Anime Streaming Services for 2023
When to watch Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead
The subtitled version of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead is set to hit no less than three different streaming platforms simultaneously in the US, with the show premiering on Crunchyroll, Hulu and Netflix on July 9 at 2 am PT (5 am ET). New episodes will be available to stream every Sunday.
Viewers in the UK, Australia, Latin America and Canada can also watch at the same time via Crunchyroll.
Dubbed versions in English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Castilian Spanish, and Russian are expected to be released later this year.
Read more: Best Streaming Services of 2023
How to watch Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead from anywhere on a VPN
So, what if you’re traveling outside of your home country and want to enjoy the show or want an extra layer of privacy for streaming? There is an option that does not require searching the internet for a sketchy website: You can use a VPNor virtual private network.
With a VPN, you can change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to gain access to the show. If you find yourself unable to watch locally, a VPN can come in handy. It’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
Most VPNs, like CNET’s Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPN, make it easy to change your location. Looking for other options? Be sure to check out CNET’s roundup of the best VPN deals.
How to watch Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead in the US
Watch Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead in the US, UK, Canada and Australia with Crunchyroll
Tips for streaming Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN — experience and success can vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble viewing after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure that the address registered for the account is located in the correct viewing area. Otherwise, you will need to change the physical address of the file using your account. Second, some smart TVs, such as Roku, do not have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you need to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you use (such as your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network can now see the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for easily installing a VPN on your router. In some cases of smart TV services, after you install the app on the network, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your email address in the file for on your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router helps too, as both devices appear to be in the right location.
- And remember, browsers can always provide a location even when using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We generally recommend Brave.