“Yellowstone” and its related series were a cultural phenomenon, and gave Native Americans a voice and a platform that broke boundaries. Two of the series’ actors, Mo Brings Plenty and Michael Spears, talk about their recent visit to Capitol Hill, Indigenous representation in movies and pop culture and what makes “Yellowstone” different.
- Housing units in rural, Native American areas are missing from the census
- The Senate confirmed the first Native American to oversee the park service
- House must ‘keep its word’ and delegate chair from Cherokee Nation, panel hears
- Interior Department redacts sites with Native slur
- Opposition to Haaland could bring political costs, tribal representatives warned
The post When ‘Yellowstone’ came to Capitol Hill appeared first on Roll Call.