The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has announced the players who have been awarded contracts for the Red Roses. Charlie Hayter, RFU Head of Women’s Performance said: “We are delighted to confirm the players who have been offered contracts will form the Red Roses contracted player squad”.
By Maryam Clark
Last Updated: 11/07/23 11:36am
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has announced the players who have been awarded contracts for England Women’s senior players, the Red Roses.
The contracted players were selected by the incoming Head Coach, John Mitchell, with his coaching team of Louis Deacon, Lou Meadows and Sarah Hunter, partner, Executive Director of Performance, Conor O’Shea, and Head of Women’s Performance, Charlie Hayter.
The new contracts agreed in partnership with the Rugby Players’ Association and player representatives, will include salaries, match fees, Rugby World Cup 2025 arrangements, commercial and community engagement initiatives as well as an agreement on revenue sharing if the targets of business exceed.
The three-year deal will run until 2026 and will see 32 contracts of various lengths awarded, including two players who will soon go on maternity leave remaining on contract.
Two additional contract offers will be confirmed by the end of the year. Six transition contracts have also been awarded to support aspiring Red Roses in their early professional journey, and protect some of their week for dedicated rugby development.
Charlie Hayter, RFU Head of Women’s Performance said: “We are delighted to confirm the players who have been offered contracts will form the Red Roses contracted player squad for the 2023/24 season.
“This is a hugely exciting time for the Red Roses, especially with our home World Cup on the horizon in 2025. However, we know there is a lot of work to be done before then, and we are excited to bring the team soon to begin preparations for WXV which is the immediate goal for all of us.”
The contracted players are:
- Holly Aitchison (Bristol Bears)
- Zoe Aldcroft (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Sarah Beckett (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Sarah Bern (Bristol Bears)
- Hannah Botterman (Bristol Bears)
- Jess Breach (Saracens)
- Mackenzie Carson (TBC)
- Poppy Cleall (Saracens)
- Kelsey Clifford (Saracens)
- Amy Cokayne (Leicester Tigers)
- Vicki Cornborough (Harlequins)
- Lark Davies (Bristol Bears)
- Abby Dow (Ealing Trailfinders)
- Rosie Galligan (Saracens)
- Zoe Harrison (Saracens)
- Tatyana Heard (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Megan Jones (Leicester Tigers)
- Sadia Kabeya (Loughborough)
- Ellie Kildunne (Harlequins)
- Alex Matthews (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Claudia MacDonald (Exeter)
- Maud Muir (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Cath O’Donnell (Loughborough)
- Morwenna Talling (Sale Sharks)
- Lucy Packer (Harlequins)
- Marlie Packer (Saracens)
- Connie Powell (Harlequins)
- Amber Reed (Bristol Bears)
- Helena Rowland (Loughborough)
- Emily Scarratt (Loughborough)
- Emma Sing (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Abbie Ward (Bristol Bears)
- Transition contracted players:
- Maisy Allen (Exeter)
- Grace Clifford (Loughborough)
- Katie Buchanan (Exeter)
- Lizzie Duffy (Sale Sharks)
- Lilli Ives Campion (Loughborough)
- Nancy McGillivary (Exeter)