Business intelligence company MicroStrategy is redoubled efforts to bring Bitcoin layer 2 scaling solution – Lightning Network – capabilities this year.
Its executive chairman Michael Saylor shared an update announcing that the company is working on a product aimed at delivering a Bitcoin wallet and Lightning address to every corporate account holder.
- The first DRY behind the move is to make quick and easy development as well as deployment of Bitcoin reward applications to employees, customers, prospects, and partners.
- The Lightning Network is a layer-2 payment protocol layered on top of the Bitcoin blockchain that allows for off-chain transactions, increasing payment throughput, and reducing transaction fees.
- Reports suggest that LN adoption is gaining momentum in emerging markets such as South America and Africa, which can be attributed to the efforts of Bitcoin payment company and wallet provider Strike.
- Back in December, Saylor shared that MicroStrategy is exploring software and solutions that use LN, including solutions that support business marketing in addition to a cybersecurity solution aimed at corporate websites.
- The 58-year-old billionaire also announced the integration of the Lightning Network with Bitcoin in his corporate email address in April this year. This means that anyone can send BTC to Saylor using his company email address as an identifier.
- Besides focusing on LN, MicroStrategy continues its purchases of Bitcoin, making it the largest corporate holder of the flagship crypto-asset.
- According to data compiled by Bitcoin Treasuries, MicroStrategy currently owns 140,000 BTC, having purchased additional shares of the asset over the past 11 quarters.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% discount on Binance Futures fees first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register and enter the code CRYPTOPOTATO50 to receive $7,000 on your deposits.