Non-custodial decentralized crypto wallet Atomic Wallet – which has a reported user base of over five million customers – says some of its users have complained about depleting their digital assets. .
Later reports suggested that several users had six-figure amounts of crypto wiped out, while the biggest victim lost nearly $3 million worth of Tether (USDT).
- The team behind the wallet took to Twitter yesterday at issue that some users have complained about their accounts being compromised. Atomic said that the team is going to further investigations, but there is no official update as of this writing.
- The waves of complaints under the Atomic Twitter post continued, with some Claims that they stole their funds before and the wallet provider did nothing to help them at that time.
- The famous crypto sleuth – ZachXBT – said that he received many messages from Atomic users about their missing funds.
- According to the on-chain investigator, the largest single victim lost 2.8 million worth of Tether (USDT). ZachXBT added that they have observed “many other losses” worth six figures of digital assets on various chains.
A few things to note about this hack.
The biggest single victim I observed was 2.8M USDT. Many other losses for 6 numbers in different chains.
Thanks to all the victims who messaged me with their transaction hash. Tbd is still the root cause. https://t.co/4sybXUrXBo pic.twitter.com/or2b3eMvIs
— ZachXBT (@zachxbt) June 3, 2023
- Although some reports say that DeFi hacks are decreasing as opposed to rug pulling, there have been a lot more in recent weeks.
- The latest example is the liquidity protocol Jimbos, with $7.5 million worth of crypto depleted last week.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% discount on Binance Futures fees first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register and enter the code CRYPTOPOTATO50 to receive $7,000 on your deposits.